“Personally Identifiable Information” (PII) means any information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion. Your name, address, date of birth, gender, home address, email address, telephone number and employment details are examples of Personal Information. Personal Information may also include information we may collect about your individual preferences. We do not collect Sensitive Personal Information (subject to the section below titled “Employment Applications”).
Collection of Personal Information by Boost Juice
We will only collect Personal Information from you that we reasonably require for one or more of our business functions or activities.
The kinds of Personal Information we may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with us. However, it may include, among other things:
- Personal Information you provide us when you participate in a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research or customer behavioural activity, subscribe to our mailing list or interact or follow our social media pages including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This information may include, for example, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, age and occupation; If you’ve given us permission to make marketing contact at this point of signup, we will securely hold your data and remain in contact until you tell us you no longer wish to receive communications Any internal reporting generated after 6 months will be anonymised, without your PII.
- Personal Information you provide us via our stores or head office or when you place an order in store, by telephone or via our mobile or electronic ordering system. This information may include, for example, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, age, menu preferences and previous order information, IP address and credit card details; By default we will keep this information securely, for 6 years to fulfil our legal obligations and aid fraud prevention
- If you are applying for a position with Boost Juice, we will collect information as outlined in the section below titled “Employment Applications”;
- As you navigate through our website and access our mobile applications, certain information can be passively collected (i.e. gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies such as cookies, internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs and clickstream data). For example, we may collect information about matters including but not limited to the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of our website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a website or mobile application is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing our website or mobile application; We will securely keep this information indefinitely while your VIBE account is active, enabling us to better target marketing at you – If you’re receiving an email, it should be one you’ll want!
In some circumstances, we may collect Personal Information from third parties such as credit reporting agencies or marketing agencies. Where we do, we will ensure that we act in accordance with relevant UK laws.
With the exception of when you apply for a position with Boost Juice, we will not collect Sensitive Personal Information about you unless you have consented to such collection or the collection is required by law.
Generally, the type of Personal Information we collect about applicants is the information included in your application for employment, for example, your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, education details, employment history and other information relating to your work experience.
In considering your application, we may also obtain Personal Information about you from third parties, for example, from your previous employers or nominated referees. Subject to your consent, we may also collect Sensitive Personal Information about you such as information about your health (including any disability) or any criminal record you may have.
We collect Personal Information for any one or more of the following purposes:
- assessing you for a position with us or one of our related entities;
- assessing whether you are suitable to progress to each stage of the recruitment process for a vacant position; and
- storing your information for future employment opportunities.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we will be unable to do one or more of the above.
We may disclose your information to:
- referees or previous employers;
- recruitment agencies or agencies or contractors acting on our behalf;
- our related entities;
- law enforcement agencies to verify whether you have a criminal record; or
- educational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications.
If we engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves handling Personal Information, we will take reasonable steps to prevent the contractor from using the Personal Information except for the purpose for which it was supplied.
How we store your Personal Information
Where we store your Personal Information depends on what interaction you have had with us. However, some areas may include:
- Databases for processing customer enquiries or feedback;
- Email databases for marketing communications;
- Payment systems to keep financial records;
- Human Resources systems to aid recruitment or maintained employment.
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from loss and unauthorised access. Unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, although we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online services and you use these services at your own risk.
If a substantial data breach has or may have occurred (for example, your Personal Information was shared with unauthorised persons) we will notify you as soon as is practicable and the UK Information Commissioner about that actual or possible breach. We will notify you within 72 hours of discovering a breach of your data.
We only keep your Personal Information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected or as otherwise required by law. We will take appropriate measures to destroy or permanently de-identity your Personal Information if we no longer need to retain it. These measures may vary depending on the type of information concerned, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
How your Personal Information will be used
We collect your Personal Information so that we can use it for our functions and activities and provide products and services to you, which include, among other things:
- processing orders you place with us in our stores or via our electronic or mobile ordering system, providing you with email or push notice confirmation of your orders, providing you with our products and processing refunds where applicable;
- administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about our products;
- conducting, and allowing you to participate in, a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey or market research;
- promoting and marketing current and future products and services to you, informing you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers and analysing our products and services so as to improve and develop new products and services;
- assisting you with remembering and re-ordering from our menu in future;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including fulfilment of any legal and regulatory requirements;
- improving the operation or navigation of our websites;
- processing and considering your employment application and conducting reference checks (refer to Employment Application section above); and
We may also use your Personal Information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time we collect your Personal Information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
If Boost Juice uses or discloses your Personal Information for the purposes of direct marketing, you may request not to receive direct marketing communications from us or our related entities. We will stop sending direct marketing communications to you within a reasonable period after your request is made (usually within 5 business days from receiving your request).
Promotional Communication Choices – You can opt out of receiving promotional emails by informing us of your preference at the time you signup for a VIBE account or competition, modifying your promotional preferences online in your accounts personal information section, or following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the promotional emails we send you. You can opt out of push notifications within the App by toggling the “notifications” setting within the mobile app. If you unsubscribe from promotional communications, we may still send you transactional communications, including emails about your account or purchases.
Location Information – You may adjust the settings within your mobile app to prevent us seeing your location data during app usage. You can toggle the “device location” setting within the mobile app. This will hinder usage of the “nearest store” feature, but the app will still function
Cookies – You may be able to reject cookies by adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser, most browsers will allow you to block cookies even if you’ve previously accepted them on our website.
How we protect your information
Boost Juice Bars protects your information using physical, technical and administrative measures to reduce the risk of misuse, loss, unauthorised access, disclosure or modification of your information. When you transmit highly sensitive information (such as card details) through our website of mobile applications, we encrypt transmission of that information using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol. While we have employed industry standard security technologies, no system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Disclosure of Personal Information to third parties
We may disclose Personal Information we collect from you:
- to our related entities, suppliers, consultants, contractors or agents for the purposes set out in the section above or for other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the Personal Information is collected;
- to authorities for the purpose of investigating a food safety or health issue;
- where the law requires or authorises us to do so (whether in the UK or overseas);
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any Personal Information is collected from you; and
- with your consent (express or implied) to others.
Some of our related entities and third party goods and services providers are located overseas (including but not limited to the United States and Australia). Our agreements with these parties include an obligation for them to comply with UK privacy laws. Whilst Boost Juice will take all reasonable care to ensure that overseas providers will handle your Personal Information securely, you acknowledge that by agreeing to the disclosure of your Personal Information to these overseas entities for the purposes stated above, Boost Juice will not be held accountable for any breaches of the UK Data Protection Act by an overseas recipient.
Access to Personal Information and Correction
We aim to ensure that any information we obtain from you is accurate. You can request access to your Personal Information or advise us of any required correction and information which you believe to be inaccurate by Logging into VIBE and updating your information. Any queries should be directed to email@example.com
To ensure the integrity and security of your Personal Information, Boost Juice will only disclose such Personal Information if our internal procedures are satisfied. To make a request to access Personal Information we hold about you, beyond what’s visible via the self-serve VIBE Login please contact us in writing. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. If the information sought is extensive, we will advise the likely cost in advance and can help to refine your request if required.
Although we are committed to ensuring that at all times there is strict adherence to the UK Data Protection Act, in the event that you are dissatisfied in any way with the collection, use, storage and/or disclosure of your Personal Information or believe that there has been a breach of the UK Data Protection Act, we invite you to contact us as soon as possible. We have appointed an internal Privacy Complaints Manager (who is also our Privacy Officer) to whom your complaint or any queries may be directed by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All complaints are to be made in writing to Boost Juice and Boost Juice is then allowed a reasonable time (within 30 days) to respond to complaints. We may ask you to participate in a dispute resolution scheme (such as mediation) in order to resolve your complaint.